KFC Chicken Turns Out To Be Deep-Fried Paper Towel (PHOTOS)


Finger wiping’ great!

A mother in Newcastle, England was terrified when her stepson bit into a deep-fried blue paper towel, the Mirror reported last week.

Krystal Henderson, 29, and 7-year-old Oliver Hallam purchased takeout from the KFC branch in Killingsworth, based on the Express. At home, Oliver took the bite out of what he believed was chicken, but recoiled secs later.

kfc towel

“He taken it out of his mouth so when he did, it pulled aside the batter – you could view the blue roll inside, ” Henderson said, according to the Daily Mail.

Henderson said that realizing Oliver had bitten into a paper towel was worse than if it experienced just been bad chicken.

“If it was bad chicken they might have just had a bad batch or some thing, ” she said. “But the blue roll could have been used for anything – it could have bleach or even disinfectant on it … Had somebody wiped their hands on it, experienced it been used to wipe the floor? ”

KFC investigated the incident and, in May, delivered Henderson an apology letter, detailing
“the blue cells has most likely originated from a cells roll used for KFC hygiene purposes. The store assume it must have dropped unseen into the breading lug which is under the sieve and was not noticed by the cook. ”

A spokesperson for KFC made the following statement, obtained by the Reflection:

We’re very sorry for Ms Henderson’s encounter and apologized to her immediately, in addition to giving her a refund during the time of the incident.

All of us take food quality and hygiene very seriously and unfortunately, about this extremely rare occasion, our eating place failed to meet the high standards that will both we and our clients expect.

We have retrained staff on our stringent food preparation techniques at this store to ensure this doesn’t take place again.

The company also offered Henderson a free meal.

Like Us On Facebook |
Follow Us On Twitter |
Contact The Author